Happy Wednesday!! I wanted to share this delicious recipe I found on Pinterest from Running With Spoons, these tasty chocolate muffins with a secretly healthy ingredient! With my parents being on the Paleo diet, I have been cooking/baking an abundance of healthy (mostly delicious haha) recipes for them! Many of the recipes involve zucchini, such as zucchini pasta (which I absolutely love). Although this recipe is not considered Paleo, it is sweet treat for those who want a delicious but healthy snack!
If you’re thinking that you would never put zucchini in a baked good, it’s time you get out of your comfort zone and try this recipe! These muffins are super soft and chocolatey… and as a bonus they are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free!! What’s better than that? Check out this crazy delicious recipe below!
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 25 mins | Servings: 9 muffins
gluten-free | grain-free | oil-free | dairy-free
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana (1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Mix your almond butter, banana, egg, honey, cocoa powder, flaxseed, vanilla extract, and baking soda into a blender bowl. Blend on high until batter is smooth. Mix in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity about 3\4 full. **Optional** Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top of each filled cavity.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tope of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to one week.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe, I highly recommend trying it out! You won’t regret it 🙂 Comment below and let me know your favourite recipes that incorporate zucchini! I would love to try them out 🙂
Follow me on social media: