Happy Long Weekend and Happy Easter! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far, I know I am! Today I wanted to share another delicious Paleo recipe that you will definitely enjoy. These muffins are moist and the mix of almond butter, chocolate, and banana flavour together is just divine! These are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a sweet snack!
Let me tell you…this could be one of my favourite Paleo recipes so far! If not my favourite then definitely in the top 5. And if you’re a big fan of almond butter like me, you will definitely enjoy these…they are filled with it!
Although chocolate is not considered Paleo because our ancestors weren’t eating it by the bar, dark chocolate is allowed in moderation because of it’s numerous health benefits… buy it here (90%) or here (70%).
Buy your almond butter here!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Servings: 12 muffins
- 3 medium bananas (mashed)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond butter + 1/4 cup almbond butter, divided
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 0z. dark chocolate, chopped
- dark chocolate chips (topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and prepare a 12 pan muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and 1/3 cup almond butter until well combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to your wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in dark chocolate chunks.
- Add 1 tablespoon of batter to the bottom of each cavity. Add a teaspoon of the remaining 1/4 cup almond butter to each of the filled cups. Divide the remaining batter evenly into each of the muffin cavities to cover the almond butter. Top with dark chocolate chips if desired!
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
These muffins taste just like your moms home made banana choco chip muffins, except with the little twist of the almond butter filling! I hope you all enjoyed this recipe, thanks for checking it out ❤
Follow me on social media: