Happy Friday! There are officially only 8 more days until Valentine’s Day. Whether you will be celebrating it or not, I wanted to share a Valentine’s Day inspired recipe with you all. These red velvet pancakes drizzled with a home made cream cheese glaze will make any breakfast special! Red velvet pancakes with a creamy cream cheese glaze = a decadent and incredibly delicious dessert for breakfast. No better way to start off Valentine’s Day! Check out the recipe below 🙂
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins (cooking 3 at a time) | Total Time: 28 mins | Servings: 15 small pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking sode
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp red food colouring
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your skillet over medium heat
- Pancakes: Mix all of your dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, vinegar, and food colouring. Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and add the butter milk mixture. Mix until well combined. Add in your melted butter and combine.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements onto your heated skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top. Flip and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with icing sugar and cream cheese glaze sprinkled on top.
- Glaze: In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, blend together cream cheese and butter until well combined and fluffy. Add in remaining ingredients and mix.
I hope you all enjoyed this post, I certainly had fun making this recipe! Check out more Valentine’s Day themed posts in the upcoming days! ❤
If you want a healthier recipe for pancakes check out the post on Paleo Banana-Cinnamon Pancakes 🙂
Follow me on social media:
Creds: Recipe Girl