I’m sure most of you already have your own favourite recipe for making a killer batch of cookies, whatever the kind may be! I think it’s safe to say that cookies (of all kinds) are a universal favourite! This particular recipe is perfect for those who want a delicious and healthy treat! These cookies are thick + chewy, and as a bonus they are grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free! Check out the recipe below! 🙂
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Servings: 8 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking sode
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons almond butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer or using a stand mixer, beat together the fat and sugar at medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. If you use coconut oil, it may not come together easily. If that’s the case, use your hands to combine it and then beat another 20 seconds.
- Beat in the almond butter and vanilla extract on medium speed and mix until combined. Beat in the egg on low and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate chips.
- If you used coconut sugar, place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
Roll the dough into balls and place the remaining 1/2 cup (43 grams) of chocolate chips on the top and on the sides of the dough balls. Place 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand.
- If using coconut sugar: bake for 11-14 minutes. If using brown sugar: bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center of the cookies no longer appears wet.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet or eat them fresh out of the oven (like I did!)
Follow me on social media: